Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Church Sports

So, I was talking with a friend of the region sports director for our region today and she was telling me that the sports director had told her that this year, the region games sportsmanship was horrific. That even she, as the director and the ref of the games, was threatened with violence. Someone had asked to be taken out of the game before she hit the ref/director. And my friend had wanted to know if I had happened to play this year, I had. She explained the team and it ended up that it was a team we had played. Yea, a couple of people had really poor sportsmanship. Members of my team were pretty beaten up after the game. They had said it was pretty nasty down underneath.
Why are church sports getting this bad? My husband will not even play church sports because there are superstars and poor sports all over. And he played on plenty of sports teams, even thru college. The whole purpose of the program is fellowshiping to bring souls unto Christ, and there are people of ther faith who don't even want to play. As it ends up, we had two players on our team who were not members, I noticed that they were the first one's out of the building, how embarrassing. I hope they had to hurry home to their families, but I kinda doubt it.

A quick note about my #2, today he was practicing using his fishing pole, with a wiffle ball tied ont he end, that he got for Christmas. He was standing in our yard and casting across the street to the neighbors, it was so cute and he was really getting the hang of it.

And #1 is practicing his dribbling, he'll be pretty good come b-ball next winter.

#3 is trying to do everything that the others are, she'll even take a shot at the basket she throws it about an inch over her head, but hey, when she's six she be stomping 'em.

No comments: