

I wake up to this, my #1 says, "Mom, I was getting hungry so I ate birthday cake." I love being a mom, I'm having a great time. You just never know what you'll find.
The homemade birthday cake is the best, just add any toy you have around the house, hey, it works. But my hubby says I need a new chocolate frosting recipe, any ideas?
2 comments:
I agree with your hubby. That picture doesn't look like chocolate frosting AT ALL. How about you just buy a can of it next time. Seriously Brandee. It does not look good.
This is my frosting recipe that I like, but because I make things up as I go and write nothing down the measurements may not be just right, so add more powered sugar if too runny, more milk if too dry . . .
1/3 cup butter (if you sub. 1/2 crisco it taste more like store bought frosting)
5 c. sifted powdered sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/4 c. milk
1/4 sour cream or cream cheese
If you leave out cocoa to make white frsoting add in 1 tsp. vanilla. Beat butter and crisco until a little fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar and cocoa. Slowly beat in milk, sour cream or cream cheese and vanilla.
As for eating cake for breakfast-I love your kid and wish I could have cake for breakfast!
Post a Comment